The paper "The New Discipline of Workforce Wellness: Enhancing Corporate Performance by Tackling Chronic Disease," makes the case for investing in wellness as a strategic priority.
- Chronic illnesses exact a heavy toll on businesses, budgets and economies
- The business benefits of addressing wellness are substantial
- To date, however, the economic impact of employee wellness programmes has been limited
- Companies are poised to engage in a second wave of wellness programmes
- A wellness programme must be supported by an integrated approach
- A company's plan for improving wellness will depend on its starting point.